For example, let's say I want to know the past trend for my electric bills. First, I will go to the "search" page and then enter "Duke", which is the name of my electric company.
dsBudget will then show all Duke energy bills that I have paid in the past.
Once you get the result, you can click the export button at the top (which I circled in red) and it will let you download the search results in Excel (or OpenOffice, Google Doc, or whatever..)
Then, you can analyze the data, create graphs, etc..
Instead of providing a native reporting function on dsBudget, I believe "Search & Export" will meet most (if not all) of your reporting needs.
Another cool feature that was recently requested by one of our users is the ability to enter deduction or category amounts by percentage.
Instead of specifying a specific amount, you can specify a percentage as a Deduction in relation to the amount of an Income entry. The above screenshot is showing I am deducting 10% of my paycheck for monthly saving, for example.
You can also specify a percentage in the Category amount as well.
Above screenshot shows you that I have allocated a category which is 10% of total net income, for example.
If you are interested in these features, I highly recommend that you upgrade it by simply uninstalling the current version of dsBudget (your current document & configuration will not be touched), then install the new version downloaded from our download page.
* Please note that if you are sharing your document across multiple machines, you need to upgrade all of them before using the new version.
There are a few other new features and various bug fixes. I hope you will enjoy the new version!
- Fixed the bug where old backup files were not removed as specified in the configuration file.
- Added ability to specify percentage in category and deduction dialog
- Added ability to specify IP address to bind the server
- Added a search/export page.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Added shortcut on the Program Files installation directory so that user will be able to start the application from program installation directory.